BUSSER/PHOTOGRAPHER - Portland
Will be directly responsible for the daily guest/photograph services on all Portland Spirit ships. Position will be directly responsible for supporting the servers in all related styles of service, including, but not limited to, table side, and banquet. Main focus will be to ensure customer perceives high value of service provided and true customer satisfaction. Flexible schedule, with emphasis on weekends and evenings.
- -Assist in marine operations as necessary, including, but not limited to, boat maintenance safety drills, ship cleanliness, and deckhand duties.
- -Assists wait staff in all facets of food and beverage service, including, but not limited to, removal of dirty dishes from tables, refilling of table basics such as bread and water, and supplying of buss station products, such as coffee, cream, and service dishes.
- -Adheres to side work, set-up and close down, procedures and ensures ship cleanliness.
- -Maintains a high level of customer service, including, but not limited to, adhering to uniform policy and tip policy, monitoring product costs, and initiating teamwork.
- -Communicates with the Cruise Director as to cruise details as it pertains to service.
- -Involved with entertaining guests as directed by the Entertainment Coordinator.
- -Assists Cruise Director on duty in capacity needed, including, but not limited to, the greeting and seating of guests and service of customers.
- -Takes, develops, and sells guest boarding photographs and assists with gift shop operations.
- -Responsible for daily record keeping and handling money outlined by the Accounting Department and Service Management.
- -Pre-employment drug test and enrolled in random D.O.T. drug testing schedule.
- -Required to sing opening and closing song.
Skills and Requirements:
- Restaurant or catering background recommended. (Food Handlers card required.)
- Able to carry, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, lift, climbing of stairs, pushing wheelchairs and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform proper cash handling procedures.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Highly skilled in relating to people and work as a team player.
- Entertainment background preferred but not required.
- Pay range: Oregon Minimum Wage plus Gratuity